Are you looking for the have-it-all-holiday? At Cignella we always want our guests to have the perfect trip to Tuscany!
That is why we have created a number of different itineraries, just for you. Click on one of our drop-down menus to see which is best for you!
– Arrive at Cignella and take in the fantastic landscape with a glass of local Brunello wine accompanied by a platter of cold meats and pecorino cheese.
– Today, visit the tiny village of Pienza, an UNESCO world heritage site. Set atop a hill you can enjoy magnificent views over the Val d’Orcia valley. Narrow streets and squares boast wonderful Renaissance architecture – don’t miss the Cattedrale dell ‘Assunta and the Palazzo Piccolomini.
– An early start to visit Florence, the birthplace of Rennaisance and Italian Art. Enjoy the Uffizi Gallery home to some of the greatest art treasures in the world and admire the open-air sculpture gallery, Loggia dei Lanzi. Climb the dome of the Cattedrale di Santa Maria del Fiore, walk along the Arno River and cross at the famous Ponte Vecchio.
– Visit Siena, one of the finest medieval cities in Italy. Perched on three hills, its’ heart is the piazza Il Campo, dominated by the Palazzo Pubblico and the Torre del Mangia. The Duomo’s gothic structure houses treasures by Pisanto, Donatello and Michelangelo. 20 minutes away from Siena is San Gimignano. Encircled by a 13th century wall, you can step back in time and immerse yourself in medieval architecture and impressive valley views.
– Today unwind at a thermal bath for some well-deserved pampering. Try Rapolano Terme, a “must” for those who wish to experience the restorative waters from the thermal springs of San Giovanni and Antica Querciolaiaonly
– Take a trip to the stunning hill top town of Cortona. This charming town dates back to Etruscan and Roman times where you can enjoy spectacular scenery, view interesting artefacts in the museum, and stroll round the shops selling handmade local items.
– Time to find out if Tuscany really does produce some of the best wines in the world! In Montepulciano, visit the wine cellars of Contucci and Poliziano, and don’t miss Cantine del Redi whose wine cellar is often considered the most beautiful in the world.
– At Montalcino the Enoteca La Fortezza offers exemplary wine tastings from a huge selection of quality Brunello di Montalcino and other Tuscan wines.
– Known for its delicious regional produce, visit Podere il Casale, an organic farm close to Pienza. Take a cheese tasting tour or a general farm tour, both must be booked in advance. With a wonderful restaurant, it is definitely worth staying for lunch!
– Today visit Arezzo. Formerly one of the most important cities in Tuscany, the main attractions are the Church of San Francesco, the Medicean Fortress and the Roman Amphitheatre.
– Sitting high above the valley floor atop volcanic cliffs, Orvieto is one of the most dramatic settings in Europe. The colourful cathedral is beautiful and the highlight is the Chapel of San Brizio. Guided tours of the underground caves give a fascinating insight into how ancient Italians lived.
Simply spend your last 2 days relaxing – or add in more free time into the above! Our itineraries can be strictly followed, or you can pick and choose the bits you fancy!
When our guests visit Tuscany, one thing that they’re 100% sure on is that they need to indulge and experience real, Tuscan food! If this sounds like your holiday, this itinerary is for you!
– A cooking class ! Enjoy a relaxing morning at Cignella, spend a few hours longer in bed (that’s what holidays are for aren’t they!) At pm, meet Our Staff and begin your prep! Spend the afternoon learning the Tuscan ways and enjoy an afternoon lunch, prepared by yourself, in the courtyard with wine of your choice.
– Do you enjoy exploration? Then you’ll love this! Attend a truffle hunting session in the driveway of Cignella – meet our hunter and his gorgeous pets, or should I say assistants, and enjoy the hunt. BONUS: If you find any truffles, you can take them home and prepare a meal with produce that you found yourself! The afternoon is the perfect time to visit a vineyard and Donatella Cinelli Colomboni, located just 15 minutes away from Cignella, offer a brilliant guided tour with tasting and dinner. A day full of great food and great wine!
– Spend your last day at Cignella relaxing; enjoy olive oil tasting.